Basic economic activities of Humboldt include retail sales, agricultural industries, cattle and hog feeding, and farming.
Economic Development Organizations
Humboldt Shares, Inc., Humboldt Chamber of Commerce, and Southeast Nebraska Development District work with the city of Humboldt for economic development in the community.
Humboldt Shares, Inc., is a nonprofit corporation comprised of 85 members. Money is raised through annual dues and a one-time initial fund drive.
To learn more about the economic and demographic trends in this area, please visit one of the links below:
- Humboldt Fast Facts
- Humboldt Demographics
- Richardson County Demographics
- Humboldt Fact Sheet (Census)
- Richardson County Fact Sheet (Census)
For further economic development information, visit the following Web sites:
- Nebraska Public Power District Economic Development
- Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- Community Information
- View available Sites for Humboldt at this time.